Home         Video Gallery         Free Downloads         Press        Other Projects        Contact        Forum        Join us on Facebook!

Knife handle wraps and lanyards

Share and discuss your knotwork.

Knife handle wraps and lanyards

Postby FrayedKnots » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:08 pm

My latest projects include wrapping knife handles. I was challenged at a gun show to do one and I had to turn the fella away because I had never done one. Well that was a very motivating moment for me and I set out to rectify that issue. Here is the first one I ever attempted:

It is a Smith and Wesson neck knife with a somewhat skeletonized handle. I used a Strider wrap pattern and overall for the first time out, it came out pretty darn decent.

At another gun show I was neighbors with a local custom knife maker. I made a couple of lanyards for him and we struck a deal on a knife for me:

That very night I wrapped it, also in a Strider pattern but in desert camo paracord. I also tied on a neck lanyard finished in chinese button knots to secure it:
FrayedKnots

Re: Knife handle wraps and lanyards

Postby FrayedKnots » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:19 pm

Some of my pics seem to be getting cropped off, sorry. Let's see if we can see these OK.

After seeing my wrap on the knife I bought, the knife maker sent me 6 more to wrap and set out on my table at the gun shows. This one received a two tone Strider wrap finished in a lanyard loop with a diamond knot and a sliding diamond knot:

This one is made out of a file and has one heck of a back bone to it. I wrapped it with a Katana wrap finished with a lanyard loop with a diamond knot and sliding knot:

This next one is also made out of a file. The finger grooves prevented me from wrapping it so it just got a round sinnet lanyard:
FrayedKnots

Postby FrayedKnots » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:28 pm

This next one just got a lanyard as well. This is a straight sinnet finished with a diamond knot with a sliding knot mostly for decoration:

This next one is probably my favorite. It has a Strider wrap in ACU digi paracord. The handle is a little on the short side so I wanted a lanyard that was flexible but had a little substance to it for the pinky to grab on to so I tied a series of cross knots finished off with a diamond knot (all learned on TIAT youtube channel, thanks JD!):

And finally, this one is also an old file. I tied a 2 bight turks head with 3 passes for the handle and finished it with a simple loop lanyard with a diamond knot and a sliding knot. I sold this one via the internet the day after I posted up pictures of it:
FrayedKnots

Postby verstellen » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:03 pm

verstellen

Postby verstellen » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:34 pm

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.ruultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru
verstellen

Postby verstellen » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:34 pm

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
verstellen

Return to Completed Works