Home         Video Gallery         Free Downloads         Press        Other Projects        Contact        Forum        Join us on Facebook!

Bug Belly Bar on a buckle

Share and discuss your knotwork.

Re: Bug Belly Bar on a buckle

Postby FrayedKnots » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:10 pm

Hrafn wrote:Not being able to work, I wish I could find a way to sell my knots...

been frustrating actually.

Hrafn

Most of my sales are done at gun shows. I have a web page as well.
FrayedKnots

Postby Brianbronc » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:49 pm

on the dualcolor, are you using one string with the 2 colors mated? Or how to tie it with the 4 strands?
\
something is slightly different than this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKGks6ye5K0

still learning... :mrgreen:
Brianbronc

Postby Hrafn » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:02 pm

This is a good question and I wouldn't mind knowing how you got two colours goin on there as well. :D

Hrafn
Hrafn

Postby Hrafn » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:07 pm

FrayedKnots wrote:
Hrafn wrote:Not being able to work, I wish I could find a way to sell my knots...

been frustrating actually.

Hrafn

Most of my sales are done at gun shows. I have a web page as well.

Thanks for this.. and If you are the "FrayedKnots" I think you are.. then I've been a fan/visitor of your site for some time now. Indeed, thank you for teaching me how to do Coxcombing and the variations you offer. I think I have attempted most of your tutorials.

Hrafn
Hrafn

Postby FrayedKnots » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:48 pm

Hrafn wrote:Thanks for this.. and If you are the "FrayedKnots" I think you are.. then I've been a fan/visitor of your site for some time now. Indeed, thank you for teaching me how to do Coxcombing and the variations you offer. I think I have attempted most of your tutorials.

Hrafn

Not me, he's FrayedKnotArts I believe. He is a truly gifted artisan and I could only hope to be as good as him or JD over time. My product line is geared more to the outdoorsman, gun show crowd and includes survival bracelets, key chains, dog collars, lanyards and knife handle wrapping. I have learned a great deal of my craft from JD's videos and have since made it into a business that keeps my mind focused and engaged. I run this business entirely out of my home, so it's convenient, fun and best of all, very gratifying. I still have a full time job, so I guess you could say I'm a part time knot guy, but I'm always tying knots in my mind, that's how I can come up with solutions like putting this bar on a buckle. I thought it all out before actually doing it. At any rate, it may be worth looking into as a business venture.

Cheers!
FrayedKnots

Postby FrayedKnots » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:16 pm

Brianbronc wrote:on the dualcolor, are you using one string with the 2 colors mated? Or how to tie it with the 4 strands?
\
something is slightly different than this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKGks6ye5K0

still learning... :mrgreen:

I don't melt my cords together, I find that it makes for a hard/ stiff spot in the bracelet and I have never been able to get them to mate up where I was happy with it. Basically, I cow hitch two colors to one side of the buckle (I almost always start at the female end) with one side of each color about one and a half to two inches longer than the woven part will be in length. This gives you 2 short strands and 2 long strands. All 4 strands then go through the other end of the buckle (fed from the top through to the back) keeping one color on one side and the other color on the other side with the short strand inboard of the long ones. I leave the 2 short strands hanging and only use the long strands as my working ends until the end. In the video you'll see that the weave is constructed by one strand going over the top and the other strand is fed from the bottom. To do this take one strand and feed it up through the center of the 4 strands and wrap it over and off to the side of the 2 same colored center strands. This will now be wrapped under and come back up through the center again while the other colored strand comes from the back of the buckle from the side and over it's 2 corresponding core strands, wrapped under the other color working strand and back over the opposite colors inner core strand. At this point it should follow along as the video shows. When woven all the way down I work the working ends through the buckle (female end) so that they end on the underside of the weave. I snip and singe the ends, leaving about an inch of length. At this point I use some hemostats and work it into the weave on the underside following the inner core. You can't even see where it ends if you do it right. I then do the same thing to the short strands we left hanging earlier. Viola!
FrayedKnots

Postby muchoknotcho » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:21 pm

I was pretty inspired by this knot. I made one for myself. Then I sold one about 20 minutes later to an admirer.

Thanks for the post.

Here is my 1st one that I kept. The second came out much better.

muchoknotcho

Postby verstellen » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:55 pm

verstellen

Postby verstellen » Thu May 30, 2019 11:08 am

verstellen

Postby verstellen » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:32 pm

verstellen

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Works